Monday, May 21, 2012

The RICE Method

I love running. I run 3-4 times a week. It keeps me relaxed and energized after a long day's work. However, there were times when I would overdo it and get myself injured. This is not good especially when I'm taking care of a husband and two very active kids. And, a very demanding work, as well.

Through the internet, I have read about the RICE method. It stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. By following the Rice method, I have prevented injuries and speed-up my recovery.

When I can feel swelling in my muscles, I also take anti-inflammatory medication, like aspirin or ibuprofen, and  I take a day or two from running. I would never risk a secondary injury.

The Rice method is a simple guide in keeping me healthy and injury free after a good run. Techni-Ice has aided in the I and C department of the method: Ice and Compression.

Before I run, I make sure I have Techni-Ice in the freezer for cold compress or a hydrated sheet that's ready for the microwave just in case I need a hot compress. It's always better to be prepared.

Check back next week for another Fitness and Health tips and advice.

- Ellen



SEA Olympus Marketing Inc and Olympus Ice are the exclusive distributor of Techni-Ice in the Philippines. For more information, please check the website, www.techniice.com.ph or send an email to inquiry@olympus.com.ph.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tags